This is test trial for new series the 300! In the first article, we will talk about shortcuts! How those it work?
I have 300 worlds to present my idea, suggestion technique.
the accepted margin of error is +/- 25 words.
The article starts now!:
Click Menu, Click file, click save.
or Ctrl + S ?
Yup cheap shot almost anybody knows this shortcut,
I won’t convince you to learn shortcuts in your IDE; chances are you know them already.
You only have to spend some time to learn them; it is like TDD you are investing time in front to save more time in the long run.
There are few technics to learn new keyboard shortcuts:
- Disconnect Mouse – It will also help you to check the accessibility of your application.
- Stick notes! – In the past, I had my computer covered with stick notes with most essential shortcuts for apps I wasn’t using regularly.
- Print Cheatsheet and put it under keyboard – it will be easily accessible, the downside is Coffee stains and doodles you will write on it.
- Flash Cards! – Yes, they are mostly used for learning words and terms! That is why I have muscle memory challenge for you. Instead of saying or thinking the answer, press it on the keyboard!
- One combination a day! – select something in the morning and try to use it for the whole day!
That all! I don’t know any more ways to learn shortcuts! What about you? Do you have other methods for learning shortcuts? I will gladly hear them.
That all here are few of my favourite shortcuts for windows:
Win + Arrows – move windows
Ctrl + Win + D – Create new desktop
Ctrl +Win + Left/Right – Move between other desktop
Win + R – Run
Win + L – Block computer.
Remeber! Shortcuts make you faster time spent learning them will pay off!